Troop 5 Open House 2020
Troop 5 invites boys and girls in Grades 5—8 to our annual Open House on January 27, 2020 at First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette, 600 Ninth Street in
Boys and girls new to scouting are welcome and encouraged to attend. There will be outdoor activities, so we advise you dress for the weather. There will also be an informational meeting for parents.
RSVP (encouraged but not required) to: Info.T5C5@troopmaster.email
Please join us and learn about the exciting opportunities that Troop 5 has to offer—bring a friend too!
Troop 5 Is excited to welcome girls to our Scouting program!
We are thrilled to announce that Troop 5 is now open to girls as well as boys! Starting in 2019, a new and separate girls troop took its place alongside our boys troop. Under the guidance of Scoutmaster Christine Randolfi, the Troop 5 Girls provide a wide range of events and activities for all.
In Scouting, boys and girls grow into their very best future selves. It’s fun, hands-on learning and achievement that prepares youth for today—and for life.
To learn more on girls in Scouting, please visit www.scouting.org/scoutsbsa/
Crew 5 Venturing Program
The joy of scouting continues throughout high school—if you’re always looking for an adventure, you’ll love exploring your passions, making new friends, and discovering the world with Venturing Crew 5.
Crew 5 is an inclusive, coed program for young adults aged 14 to 20 (or 13, having completed 8th grade).
Crew 5 members act as mentors and role models for our younger scouts, who both plan and participate in high adventure treks. In recent years, Crew 5 treks include:
- Backpacking at the Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico
- Bicycling touring along the eastern and western shores of Lake Michigan
- Island camping at Sea Base in the Florida Keys
- Canoeing in Minnesota’s Boundary Waters
- Hiking in the Colorado Rocky Mountain National Park
- Canoeing on the Allagash River in Maine
- Backpacking in Yellowstone National Park
- Sea Kayaking in the Apostle Islands, Lake Superior
You’ll gain experiences and build life skills that will be valuable wherever your future takes you—through adventure, leadership, personal growth, and service—all to prepare you
Scouting provides boys and girls (ages 11-18) with opportunities to learn new skills while having fun. For over 95 years, the Scouts of Troop 5 have participated in a wide range of exciting events and activities. We enjoy outdoor activities throughout the school year. There are monthly campouts in the spring and fall, and we take part in other activities during the winter months.
Our recent campouts include:
- Canoeing on the Wisconsin River
- Capture the Flag at Camp Crown
- Fishing at the Max McGraw Preserve
- Hiking at Rock Cut State Park
- Geocaching at the Indiana Dunes
- Hiking at Starved Rock State Park
- Backpacking in the Porcupine Mountains
- Luging in Muskegon, Michigan
- Mountain Biking at Kettle Moraine
- Orienteering at Warren Dunes State Park
- Rock Climbing at Devil’s Lake State Park
- Thanksgiving Feast at Camp Reinberg
Please join us for our annual open house and learn what Troop 5 has to offer.
First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette
600 Ninth Street
Wilmette, IL 60091
Troop 5 is chartered to the First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette
Northeast Illinois Council,
Boy Scouts of America