- TRUSTWORTHY. Tell the truth and keep promises. People can depend on you.
- LOYAL. Show that you care about your family, friends, Scout leaders, school, and country.
- HELPFUL. Volunteer to help others without expecting a reward.
- FRIENDLY. Be a friend to everyone, even people who are very different from you.
- COURTEOUS. Be polite to everyone and always use good manners.
- KIND. Treat others as you want to be treated. Never harm or kill any living thing without good reason.
- OBEDIENT. Follow the rules of your family, school, and pack. Obey the laws of your community and country.
- CHEERFUL. Look for the bright side of life. Cheerfully do tasks that come your way. Try to help others be happy.
- THRIFTY. Work to pay your own way. Try not to be wasteful. Use time, food, supplies, and natural resources wisely.
- BRAVE. Face difficult situations even when you feel afraid. Do what you think is right despite what others might be doing or saying.
- CLEAN. Keep your body and mind fit. Help keep your home and community clean.
- REVERENT. Be reverent toward God. Be faithful in your religious duties. Respect the beliefs of others.
The Boy Scouts of America will prepare every eligible youth in America to become a responsible, participating citizen and leader who is guided by the Scout Oath and Law.
The Scout Motto
The Scout Slogan
Do a Good Turn Daily
The Scout Outdoor Code
As an American, I will do my best to:
Be clean in my outdoor manners.
I will treat the outdoors as a heritage. I will take care of it for myself and others. I will keep my trash and garbage out of lakes, streams, fields, woods, and roadways.
Be careful with fire.
I will prevent wildfire. I will build my fires only where they are appropriate. When I have finished using a fire, I will make sure it is cold-out. I will leave a clean fire ring, or remove all evidence of my fire.
Be considerate in the outdoors.
I will treat public and private property with respect. I will use low-impact methods of hiking and camping.
And be conservation-minded.
I will learn how to practice good conservation of soil, water, forests, minerals, grasslands, wildlife, and energy. I will urge others to do the same.
First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette
600 Ninth Street
Wilmette, IL 60091
Troop 5 is chartered to the First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette
Northeast Illinois Council,
Boy Scouts of America